The magical, glorious kitchen. Many wonder how to arrange your kitchen to keep it clean, organized and usable. Well, it may not be a gourmet setting in every home, but it is undoubtedly one of the most visited spaces in a house. It’s where memories are made and people congregate. Holidays are spent there and countless hours of some kind of meal-prep. So, it often becomes the most cluttered, too. Even the most practiced minimalist can be wooed by the latest kitchen gadgets at Bed, Bath & Beyond. So whether you are getting ready to put your home on the market, setting up your new kitchen, or just need a refresh, we have scoured the internet for our favorite ideas.
5 Ways to Arrange Your Kitchen to Keep it Clean and Organized
- Use file folder holders to stack water bottles. Especially in active households, water bottles are a must and it’s nice to have a variety of sizes and materials. But they are sure pesky in the cabinet and can get in the way of organizing a kitchen. saving space and keeping them under control!
2) Take advantage of free printable labels. Organized people LOVE labels. And frankly, unorganized people should learn to love them, too. Imagine all of your spices in cute, clearly labeled containers all facing the same way! Save time digging through and have a good lookin’ pantry, too.
3) Baskets, chalkboard stickers and a chalk pen. These three tools can transform a pantry to somewhere you want to actually hang out. Well, maybe not….but at least not feel overwhelmed and annoyed each time you walk in. This 10-step how-to from Honeybear Lane could be the directions to organized bliss.
4) It’s not about the Benjamins. Organizing a kitchen doesn’t have to be expensive. Don’t overlook your local Dollar Tree or Big Lots to buy cheap bins for your freezer than can transform that loaded-up, confusing tundra into a cool climate of organization. Check out these tips from Practically Functional.
5) Susan Isn’t Lazy at ALL! Our friends at Clean Mama aren’t alone in their adoration for Lazy Susans, but the passionate is evident. In fact, several are recommended to quickly declutter a kitchen, add, space and functionality and offer a way to categorize items effectively. Take a look at all of these potential uses.
Everyone’s kitchens are different shapes and sizes. And frankly, people have different favorites – gadgets or countertop décor or pantry needs. But an organized kitchen tends to be a more functional, happier-to-cook-in kitchen, so we hope these hacks will help you achieve that goal.
Looking to Find a House with a Great Kitchen?
TRELORA real estate serves the Colorado Front Range and Seattle Metro Area and our mission is simple: full service real estate for a fraction of the cost. When you hire a traditional agent to help you buy or sell your home, you pay that agent 3-6% of the home’s value.
When you hire TRELORA, you pay one flat fee rather than a variable commission on the price of your home. You’ll also get best-in-class customer service, a team of expert agents who close hundreds of deals per year, a proprietary technology platform that puts you in the driver’s seat and an average rebate of $13,500 in Colorado and $18,000 in Seattle.